Send a parcel to Dublin from only £11.75
Send a Parcel to Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Dublin is translated as the Black Pool in Gaelic Irish dialect , but it is more commonly known locally as "the town of the hurdled ford" derived from the old ford on the River Liffey.
The Capital City of Ireland started as a Viking settlement in the 9th Century and fought off all local attempts to recapture it until 1169 when the Norman invasion from Wales removed them from the area. There was a strong British presence from then on culminating in the land being taken under the British Crown. Following the "Troubles" Ireland was partitioned in 1922 and Dublin became the capital of what became the Republic of Ireland.
It is a very interesting city built on both sides of the river Liffy with a good port and ferry links in the UK and France. The EU has helped Dublin firstly with investment funds for its infrastructure but also the USA, which has strong links from its large number of Irish settler's. Dublin and Ireland in general is considered to be a safe haven for the USA for its Companies in Europe. As the USA wanted a larger presence in the EU many major companies brought their European Headquarters to Dublin. Google, Amazon, Twitter, eBay, PayPal, Yahoo and Facebook all have their EU Headquarters in Dublin.
The business side in Dublin has improved and the parcel trade from the UK is good. Communications are good and the routes are short giving quick deliveries. The problems of the troubles in Northern Ireland can still mean that parcels can be searched but this is a minor problem.
Essentials when sending a parcel to Dublin
It is important to bear in mind the following points when you send a parcel to Dublin:
- Make sure the contents of your parcel(s) adhere to our prohibited and restricted items list.
- Ensure that you print and complete the necessary documents required when sending a parcel to Republic of Ireland.
- Check for any customs charges or other surcharges that may apply to shipments.
- Be sure that every parcel is securely packaged to avoid damage to the contents.
- Relax and rest assured that your parcel will arrive safe-and-sound in Republic of Ireland when sending through !