Worldwide Parcel Services know that having cover on your parcel delivery to destinations around the world is important. So let’s help you by answering some questions about additional cover.
How much additional cover is offered at Worldwide Parcel Services?
Worldwide Parcel Services includes up to £100 standard claims cover on parcels as part of the basic booking price (subject to terms and conditions).
Can I buy additional cover?
Yes, you can, quite easily. Additional cover can be purchased at the time of the booking up to a maximum of £2,000 which is subject to terms and conditions. Please check the "prohibited and restricted items" list as there are some items we do not cover. In the case of a consignment the cover amount is divided equally between the number of parcels sent e.g. £1000 taken on a consignment of four parcels - each parcel would have a maximum claim of £250 per parcel.
Cover Cost VAT Total
> £100.01 - £200.00 £ 5.99 £1.20 £7.19
> £200.01 - £300.00 £ 8.99 £1.80 £10.79
> £300.01 - £400.00 £ 11.99 £2.40 £14.39
> £400.01 - £500.00 £14.99 £3.00 £17.99
> £500.01 - £600.00 £17.99 £3.60 £21.59
> £600.01 - £700.00 £20.99 £4.20 £25.19
> £700.01 - £800.00 £23.99 £4.80 £28.79
> £800.01 - £900.00 £26.99 £5.40 £32.39
> £900.01 - £1000.00 £29.99 £6.00 £35.99
>£1000.01 - £1500.00** £49.99 £10.00 £59.99**
>£1500.01 - £2000.00** £99.99 £20.00 £119.99**
**Please email if you select these cover levels
Can Worldwide Parcel Services arrange cover for higher amounts?
We may be able to but only on certain services and at our discretion. In this instance cover will be charged at 5% of the value of the cover required.
Shippers may take out their own independent private cover and use this in conjunction with our service if they wish.
Worldwide Parcel Services urges you to make sure your items are not prohibited or restricted according to our list. The level of cover is selected by you and in the event that you take cover for an item in our "prohibited and restricted items", you will not be covered. If cover is taken on a restricted or prohibited item in error we will refund you your additional cover payment on request, if advised within 14 days of shipping.
Making a claim with Worldwide Parcel Services
We hope you never have to make a claim with us, but in the unfortunate circumstances that you do, it is important for you know how it works.
In the event of a claim for any loss or damage, you are required to contact Worldwide Parcel Services via email and submit all requested information to us within the specified time frame (see terms).
You’ll need to accompany your claim with its airway bill (AWB) number and photographic evidence of all the damage caused as well as photos of all of the internal and external packaging used. We will also require proof of the purchase in the form of cost receipts for the goods or if this is not possible then proof of value for any items that you are claiming for. Acceptance of the latter is entirely at the discretion of the carrier.
When you claim for damaged items you will need to ensure you do the following:
• Items must remain at the delivery address. If the item is moved from the delivery address the claim will be deemed void.
• Items must be kept with the packaging. Ensure that the item is not taken away for repair or any repair attempted.
• Provide Worldwide Parcel Services with your correct consignment/airway bill number.
• The recipient must check the condition of the Consignment and sign for the Consignment as damaged. In the event it is not possible to check the condition of the Consignment the recipient must sign for the Consignment as unchecked. A claim may be declined if neither of these statements has been provided.
When claiming for a lost consignment you will need to ensure you do the following:
• Notify our Tracking Team by email that your parcel has not been delivered within 14 days of collection for DHL parcels, 12 days for DPD parcels and 10 days for TPN claims and provide them with the tracing information they request from you.
• Make your claim by email and supply the items listed below to WPS
• You’ll need to provide a full description of all lost items, along with a copy of the purchase receipts and consignment note/airway bill number. Searches cannot commence until details of the parcel's content have been provided.
When claiming for a part loss please ensure the following :
• You must make your claim in writing and supply the items listed below to WPS within 14 days of collection.
• You’ll need to provide a full list of missing items, a value for each and a copy of the
* If a claim is successful the damaged item becomes our property and we may arrange to ship it back to our premises. You must not dispose of it until we instruct you to.
Failure to comply with any of the above will ultimately result in your claim being declined. A lost claim cannot proceed until such time as the carrier shall deem the consignment lost. Consignments that have not declared their entire contents or provide correct size or weight shall invalidate any claim. If additional cover is selected in excess of the amount allowed for the type of item, as shown in the restricted and prohibited items list, the maximum cover shown in the said list will be the limit of our liability.
All claims should be directed straight to WPS Ltd. Any attempt to contact the Carrier in respect of any claim will invalidate your cover. A claim can only be made by the person who paid for the booking. Any settlement will only be paid to this person. If you have failed to adhere to any of these terms and conditions your additional cover may be invalidated and your claim declined. The use of any old boxes or containers previously used for the transportation of any hazardous or dangerous items will invalidate any claims cover as these will be destroyed.
Any successful claim will be paid either by cheque, BACS or Paypal, in GBP only.
All claims should be emailed to email@example.com
. This is our preferred method for receiving claims. Alternatively claims can be sent by recorded delivery to; Worldwide Parcel Services Ltd, unit 15 Glenmore Business Park, Castle Road, Sittingbourne, Kent. ME10 3FX (WPS cannot be responsible for the non arrival or late delivery of claims information sent by post).