Send a parcel to Le Mans from only £7.95
Send a Parcel to Le Mans, France
Two small words immortalised annually in one large motor race, the Le Mans 24 hour race, which has been held there annually since 1923. Located on the Sarthe River the town is the traditional capital of the province of Maine, but is now also the capital of the Sarthe.
You may also know the region it is in, the Pays de la Loire, which is famous for its wine.
The race brings a massive tourism boost to the region as whilst the town itself is home to around 150,000 permanent residents, upwards of 300,000 can attend on the main race weekend.
Of note is the little known fact that the very first French Grand Prix took place here in 1906, a more well known fact was the death of 84 spectators in the 1955 24 hour race where a car was thrown in to the crowd. Safety is much improved with the race now being one of the Worlds safest for drivers and spectators alike.
Everyone should attend the Le Mans 24 hours at least once, as it is an incredible spectacle with access that Formula 1 fans can only dream of, be warned though! It’s addictive and many people then make the pilgrimage annually.
When it comes to shipping parcels to and from the region then the parcel services are good with many race teams having dozens of parcels delivered daily, and local services are good and geared up to handling the sudden increase in parcel shipments as major race weekends approach.
Although when shipping parcels to the region take care to note when major races are on and allow a little extra time for shipping.
The area is serviced from Paris by the TGV high speed train, and there is an airport next to the track, which takes jets and helicopters.
Essentials when sending a parcel to Le Mans
It is important to bear in mind the following points when you send a parcel to Le Mans:
- Make sure the contents of your parcel(s) adhere to our prohibited and restricted items list.
- Ensure that you print and complete the necessary documents required when sending a parcel to France.
- Check for any customs charges or other surcharges that may apply to French shipments.
- Be sure that every parcel is securely packaged to avoid damage to the contents.
- Relax and rest assured that your parcel will arrive safe-and-sound in France when sending through !