Back to news... 24 November 2015 Getting the most value from Black Friday
Black Friday is getting ever closer, so we thought it would be a good idea to help our readers find the best deals. With Christmas just around the corner, it is estimated that Britons are going to spend almost £1.9 billion on sales and promotions on Black Friday.
- £721 million will be spent online and £1.19 billion spent in retail stores
- £629 million will be spent on Cyber Monday deals
- Always check online first - Smaller online outlets will often sell at a discounted rate before Black Friday. They can avoid competing against the major retail outlets and generate cash for themselves by doing this. Always check beforehand and you may find some great deals.
- Use a mobile platform when browsing deals - Many companies are offering exclusive mobile user only offers. Amazon and eBay are doing this so you will be able to find great deals that will not appear on regular websites when using a mobile.
- Many shops are avoiding Black Friday - Asda will not be using Black Friday this year and will instead be offering continued discounted rates throughout the festive period so do not discount visiting major firms that are not doing weekend only deals
- Research your delivery option - Some services will be slower than usual because of the increase in the parcels that are being sent. We would recommended using a drop off service if the parcel needs to be delivered urgently. You can find out more about our cheap parcel delivery options on our Worldwide Parcel Services website.
- Look at Black Friday Blogs - Often many details of Black Friday are pre-released on blogging websites, so we recommend looking at them so you know where to find the best deals in advance.